Quite a few people are intimidated by stroganoff. I’ve seen recipes that are tricky, need so many ingredients, and hours of work. Here is a quick, easy, great tasting version that is on your table in just over an hour.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp of spicy steak spice
- 1 cup chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup 5% sour cream
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 2 tbsp of non fat half and half cream
- 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1 package of extra broad extra large Egg White Noodles (no yolks)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown meat in large stock pot on medium. Make sure to crumble meat.
- Leave about 1 tbsp of fat and drain the rest.
- Add onion and mushrooms. Stir regularly.
- Once mushrooms are soft, add the spicy steak spice, beef broth and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, cream and mix well.
- Add to meat mixture.
- Simmer for about an hour.
- Cook egg noodles per package instructions.
- Serve meat mixture over noodles.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 603
- Fat 10.8 g
- Sugar 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates 71.3 g
- Protein 51.3 g
- Fibre 4.0 g
This is my version of quick stroganoff. I was at the store and saw the packaged one and thought I could make this and probably a little healthier version. It is really high in protein, so a good meal to have after a hard workout. It reheats well. Serve it with a salad, or veggies, and you have a complete healthy meal. You can change the ground meat to chicken or pork, or even economical round steak sliced thin.
Have fun and make it your own!