Lasagna is the true definition of comfort food in this house. Like most things, it is also so versatile. I love experimenting with it.
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 30 ounces (2-3/4 cup) of béchamel or white sauce (see link), multiple recipe by three for lasagna dish
- 16 oz of cooked turkey
- 2 cups of spinach
- 30 spears of semi cooked asparagus
- 4 ounces of shredded old cheddar
- 4 ounces of shredded light mozzarella
- 1/2 red pepper sliced thinly
- Cook lasagna noodles as required by package and rinse in cold water.
- Steam asparagus for approximately 6-8 minutes (until still firm but cooked)
- Prepare your white sauce (see recipe link)
- Shred your cheeses and mix well.
- Chop your turkey into small pieces.
- Put a small scoop of white sauce at bottom of lasagna pan.
- Place row one of three noodles, cover with 1/2 cup of sauce, add turkey.
- Place row two of three noodles, cover with 1/2 cup of sauce, add spinach and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Place row three of three noodles, cover with 1/2 cup of sauce, add asparagus.
- Place row four of three noodles, cover with remaining sauce, add cheese and spread the red pepper.
- Put in preheated oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
- If needed, put on broil for a few minutes if cheese needs to brown a little.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, cut and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 371
- Fat 9.8 g
- Sugar 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates 29.4 g
- Protein 25.8 g
- Fiber 2.6 g
I love lasagna. I’ve experimented a lot with this comfort food. This version has been a success. It is also quite filling. Serve it with a salad and you have a complete and healthy meal. Remember have fun and make it your own.