I’m all about versatility. Had a banana that was aging. Bought the wrong yogourt. If at all possible, nothing goes to waste in our house. I find this a great thing to add to a meal, especially if it is low in protein.
- 1.5 cup of plain greek yogourt (I bought high fat by mistake so the calories will reflect this)
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cup of Exotic Orange Pineapple Juice (Oasis)
- 1 cup diced frozen Avocado
- 1 tsp of splenda (optional)
- Put everything in the blender and mix until smooth (depending on your setting, mine has one for smoothie)
- Fill 4 – (500 ml/2 cup) mason jars 3/4 full
- Chill and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 230
- Fat 13.7 g
- Sugar 14.9 g
- Carbohydrates 25.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g
- Fibre 4.1 g
Smoothies are fun. I like adding avocados to mine as they add that silky feel to them. I would normally have used 0% fat greek yogourt that has a higher protein count but the selection was limited and truth be told, I rushed and didn’t read the label correctly. That would have reduced the calorie count by 50 each serving and added 5g of protein. You can use frozen berries instead of the juice and it will add back the vitamins. Just add a little more milk for volume. Use the fruit you like best and you can even use yogourt with fruit. All you need is a little imagination to have fun and make it your own.