Baby Back Ribs
Sometimes you just need a little time to do something nice. I always steer away from making this because of the time in the oven. We all lead pretty rushed lives but sometimes we need to just step back and take the time to make something easy but good.
- 2-2.5 lbs of baby back ribs (1 Kg)
- 4 tbsp of rub (see below for rub recipe)
- 4 tbsp of bull’s eye bbq sauce (your favourite sauce is acceptable.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne (I might have added a little more)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- If there is a thin membrane on the back of the ribs, remove. This will help the meat fall off the bones easier.
- Spread the rub over all the ribs on both sides.
- Place meat side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy cleanup)
- Wrap in foil.
- Place in oven for 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Uncover and baste with BBQ sauce and put on top rack under broil for 5 minuets or so, until it caramelizes
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 463
- Sugar 17.5 g
- Carbohydrates 21 g
- Protein 26.6 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Fat 30 g
These are very tender due to slow cooking and being covered in foil to prevent them from getting dry. Everything else is up to you. How you like your rub, spicy or not. Different spices. You could even use a simple cajun prepared spice or even a steak spice you like. Same goes for your BBQ sauce. Most sauces are relatively the same for calories and such. So besides the cooking, everything is else is up to you. Have fun and make it your own.