Healthy Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies that don’t contain any flour, butter, eggs or refined sugar. The dough takes about 5 minutes to prepare. What more could you ask for?
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1/2 cup of mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix applesauce and oats. Mix with a spoon until evenly combined and all oats are moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- I used a cookie scoop and made 24 small balls.
- Use a spoon or a fork to flatten to approximately 1/2 inch. These cookies will not spread or change shape as they bake.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes depending on thickness. (To know if your cookie is cooked, try to lift the cookie with a spatula. If it lifts easily, they are ready)
Nutrition Per Serving with Splenda
- Calories 50
- Fat 3.5 g
- Sugar 3 g
- Carbohydrates 5.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
- Fibre 0.9 g
I used chocolate chips as this recipe is not very sweet. You could use just about anything as a fill in. Dried fruit works well, raisins, depending on your nutritional needs or restrictions. A traditional serving would be two cookies. Even with chocolate chips, they are still a good option even for diabetics. Think of how you could change them for Halloween or Christmas. Just have fun with these and make them your own.