Sole Asparagus with Pesto Sauce
Sole is a fish that most people like. It isn’t strong in taste. It is quick to prepare. Low calorie to boot. Here is a quick recipe that can dress up a plate like no other.
- 1 lb of sole thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to season
- 24 spears of aspargus
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 cup of white sauce (see link)
- 1 tbsp of pesto paste or you can make a quick pesto with 1/2 cup of chopped basil, 4 minced garlic cloves and 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 lemon cut into 8 slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Season sole to taste.
- Place lemon slices at bottom of baking sheet
- Divide sole into four
- Wrap 2 spears of asparagus into one serving of sole.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Place remaining spears onto the pan.
- Put 1 tbsp of lemon juice over fish, per serving.
- Place in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare white sauce.
- Once the sauce has reached ideal thickness, add pesto paste. (if adding fresh ingredients like chopped basil and garlic and oil, add at start of preparing sauce)
- Once fish is cooked, plate and put 1/4 of the sauce over each serving. Adding extra asparagus to the sides.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 293
- Fat 11.7 g
- Sugar 7.8 g
- Carbohydrates 13.6 g
- Protein 29.5 g
- Fibre 1.8 g
This is easy, quick and makes a nice plate. As you see I didn’t have enough asparagus spears so I prepared edamame beans. With the asparagus you have your veggie content and the fish your protein content, serve it with rice and or bread and you have your starch and a balanced meal. You can do this with any fish that you could wrap around the asparagus. A thinner fish like mahi mahi, or tilapia work great. If you want it spicy just add crushed chili peppers when preparing your white sauce. You can cut the recipe in half so you don’t have a bunch of extra sauce left over. Remember the most important thing, have fun and make it your own.