Lemon Vegetable Linguini with Salmon
A meal that looks good is always a sure way to make mouths water. The prep in this one is what makes the difference. I chop everything ahead of time because once you start cooking all three things cook at the same time. Multitasking is an asset here.
Ingredients bowl 1
- 1 large onion chopped
Ingredients bowl 2
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients bowl 3
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 green pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper coarsely chopped
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest
- 1 lb of linguini pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs of salmon filet
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Parsley florets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place fish on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put one tablespoon of lemon juice with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes. No longer.
- AT THE SAME TIME, bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta per package directions.
- AT THE SAME TIME, heat oil in 6qt stock pot over high heat. Put in onion and lower to medium high.
- Once onion is softened, add bowl 3, cover and reduce heat to medium. Over the next 10 minutes stir occasionally.
- When spinach has reduced and peppers are a little tender add bowl 2 mix until heated through.
- Place pasta on serving platter. Top with vegetables. Remove the skin from the salmon and cut into serving sizes. I use 4 ounces per person. Add a floret for parsley on each salmon filet.
Nutrition Per Serving, 1 biscuit
- Calories 546
- Fat 14 g
- Sugar 6 g
- Carbohydrates 64 g
- Protein 36 g
- Fibre 6.3 g
It can be quite intensive doing all three at once. If you choose to do something ahead of time the best one is pasta. If you choose to do so, once the pasta is cooked, spray some cooking spray throughout so the pasta does not stick together. Just reheat before putting on platter. This has a very nice presentation. It’s relatively quick to make if the chopping is all done ahead of time, thus giving you time with your guests. Change the pasta, you can add kale, more lemon, less lemon, you can add some cayenne if you want some heat. Have fun and make it your own.
3 thoughts on “Lemon Vegetable Linguini with Salmon”
Can’t wait to make this
This is awesome, I have made it 3 times now when having friends over, it has been a huge hit everytime
I have made this 6 or 7 times now, I have found alot more lemon works better for me liking things on the tart side, I have also increased the spinach considerably, it makes it come out creamier, not really sure why.. And FYI the lemon Linguini is great by itself!