I like pumpkin, I like cheesecake. Why wouldn’t they be good together? My better half doesn’t mind pumpkin as long as it’s not overwhelming. Well this recipe fits the bill. I’ve modified the original recipe to reduce calories and fat.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp of unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 packages of light cream cheese (500g total, or 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the graham crackers and applesauce until well moistened. Then put in a 9’’ pie plate. Press out evenly. If you press too hard the crust will be very tough.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well creamed.
- In a smaller bowl, take 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture and add pumpkin puree and cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour cream cheese batter into pie crust.
- Gently pour pumpkin batter over cream cheese batter.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes
- Refrigerate 3 hour or more before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 out of 8 slices)
- Calories 245
- Sugar 21 g
- Carbohydrates 27 g
- Protein 5.9 g
- Fiber 1.0 g
- Fat 12 g
You really have to make sure that you serve this cold. This was well received. You can add a little cinnamon if you like or sub it for pumpkin spice. You can not use fat free cream cheese. It doesn’t cook as well. You can sprinkle some cinnamon on top if you like. Or if you want a little crunch, you can sprinkle brown sugar on over the top. Be careful for the calories and sugar content. If you don’t have concerns for either have fun and make it your own.
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin Cheesecake”
Can’t wait to try this.
To my fiance, pumpkin cheesecake is the ultimate dessert. Thanks for the recipe.
LikeLiked by 1 person