Well Christmas has come and gone and what do we have left? Turkey… So we make turkey soup, we make turkey pot pie, turkey sandwiches, turkey tettrazini. A friend asked me what to do that was an easy lunch besides white bread turkey sandwich. I gave him this idea and he suggested I post it for you to enjoy.
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 30 grams or 1-1/4” cube of cheddar grated
- 3 ounces of shredded cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup of black beans (I make my own but you can use canned, unsalted of course)
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp of salsa (I have a recipe on the blog for easy salsa but you can use your favourite salsa)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put salsa, onion, cheese, beans and turkey in centre of tortilla.
- Fold over into a square covering everything.
- Wrap in foil.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes until it heats through.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 481
- Sugar 9 g
- Carbohydrates 35.2g
- Protein 38.8 g
- Fiber 7.7 g
- Fat 20 g
Serve this with a salad and you have a complete meal. You can have so much fun with this recipe. You want it spicy add jalapeños or a spicy salsa. You don’t like black beans but you like refried beans, change it up. It will change the calorie count but that is up to you. You ran out of turkey but you have left over roast beef, make it a beef tortilla. Have fun and make it your own.