Honey Mustard Pork Chops
Pork chops are very versatile. Even this recipe, I’ve cooked in the oven and cooked on the barbecue. This takes a little extra time for the marinade. My suggestion, put the chops in the marinade before you leave for work and they will be ready to cook when you come home. Your side dishes might take you more time than the chops.
- 4 boneless 4 ounce pork loin chops
- 4 teaspoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 pinch of cayenne (or to taste)
- Heat honey in micro for 30 seconds. Stir in mustard, vinegar, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- Place the pork chops in a large plastic ziplock bag. Add the marinade and seal the bag, squeezing out the air, turn to coat the chops. Refrigerate for 8 hours or more.
- Removing the chops from the fridge 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat broiler. Discard the marinade. Place the chops on the broiler rack and broil 3-4 inches from the heat until cooked through, 6-7 minutes per side.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 178
- Sugar 2 g
- Carbohydrates 2 g
- Protein 26 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Fat 7 g
I sometimes cook these on the barbecue. Clean up is easier and that little char flavour adds a little something. I prepare my sides while I let the chops climatize to room temperature. As you see in the picture, I made biscuits and zucchini. Cayenne of course, is to your taste, it is completely optional. Have fun everyone and make it your own.
One thought on “Honey Mustard Pork Chops”
This sounds awesome, I have a verity of flavoured honeys to use, like ginger, cinnamon, and multiple berries.