Skinny Banana Bread Muffins
Skinny muffins that are flavourful and moist. Wait, that doesn’t sound right. Well, it is and they are healthier than most. These banana muffins have no oil, low sugar and are only 130 calories. I apologize to the store bought or coffee house muffins.
- 4 bananas mashed (about 1-1/3 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cup all purpose flour (whole wheat makes them a little more dense)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with paper liners or silicon liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas, add egg, vanilla, sugars, and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
- In a larger bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add banana mixture and stir to combine.
- Gently stir in melted butter. Don’t over-mix the batter as the muffins will be tougher.
- Spoon into muffin tin and bake for 18-25 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 130
- Fat 2 g
- Sugar 9 g
- Carbohydrates 23 g
- Protein 2 g
- Fibre 2 g
Note: You can freeze these for up to 2 months in a freezer safe ziplock bag. Make sure that they are completely cooled and get as much of the air out of the bag first.
If calories or sugar are not of concern, you can add walnuts, raisins, cranberries, or even peanut butter (if you add peanut butter, you will need to add an equal amount of flour). This makes the possibilities endless. Remember to have fun and make it your own.
One thought on “Skinny Banana Bread Muffins”
Will definitely try this.