Ham Linguini Tetrazzini
This is a feel good recipe that is quick, serves quite a few or has quite a bit left over. This is actually a pretty light version of this recipe. Some of us have to watch how much fat we take in.
- 1 box of 1lb or 450 gr of catelli linguini
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 cups of ham chopped
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (low fat)
- 1-1/4 cup of skim milk
- 1/4 cup of coffee cream (10%)
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of grated low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- In a large pot, cook pasta as indicated on package.
- Once cooked, drain pasta and return pot to stove.
- On medium heat, put 1 tbsp of oil in pot. Add onion, garlic and peppers and cook until almost tender approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the remaining tbsp of oil and add the ham. Stir around for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add milk, cream, both cheeses, cayenne and stir well.
- Add flour and stir constantly, bringing up the heat. If too thick, add a little milk a tablespoon at a time.
- Once at desired consistency (saucy but not too thick), add pasta and stir. Make sure to coat completely.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on top and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 424
- Fat 13.9 g
- Sugar 6.3 g
- Carbohydrates 55.2 g
- Protein 20.6 g
- Fibre 3.3 g
This is a versatile recipe. You don’t have ham or you need to watch your sodium, you can sub for cooked turkey or cooked chicken breast. You can even do it with left over pork chops. You want creamier, and you don’t mind the fat or calories, change to whole milk and heavy cream. I serve this with a nice green salad on the side and it’s a great meal. Remember to have fun and make it your own.