Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad
Perfectly refreshing, colourful, and versatile. Looking for a healthy dish to bring to a pot luck, picnic or just a great way to end a meal, here is a healthy option.
- 1 lb of strawberries, chopped
- 1 lb of fresh pineapple (canned pineapple pieces if you don’t have fresh, drained)
- 12 oz of fresh blueberries
- 12 oz of red grapes, sliced in halves
- 4 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 3 mandarine oranges (canned mandarines drained will work)
- 2 bananas, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tsp of lime zest (zest from 2 medium limes)
- 1.5 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, lime zest and lime juice.
- Pour over fruit and toss to evenly coat, and serve
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 143
- Fat 0.4 g
- Sugar 27.1 g
- Carbohydrates 36.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g
- Fibre 4.1 g
This is a very versatile recipe. Use the fruit you like best and/or have available. Keep in mind that the longer between the time it is made and served, your pineapple will start changing color. It will absorb the juice of the strawberries and such. This is a little tart due to the pineapple, lime and mandarines. You can make this using melons, watermelon, mango, peaches. The possibilities are endless. All you need is a little imagination to have fun and make it your own.
One thought on “Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad”
[…] May 4, 2022 at 1:21 AM | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad — It all started with a bite […]
LikeLiked by 1 person