Healthy Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies that don’t contain any flour, butter, eggs or refined sugar. The dough takes about 5 minutes to prepare. What more could you ask for?
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1/2 cup of mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix applesauce and oats. Mix with a spoon until evenly combined and all oats are moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- I used a cookie scoop and made 24 small balls.
- Use a spoon or a fork to flatten to approximately 1/2 inch. These cookies will not spread or change shape as they bake.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes depending on thickness. (To know if your cookie is cooked, try to lift the cookie with a spatula. If it lifts easily, they are ready)
Nutrition Per Serving with Splenda
- Calories 50
- Fat 3.5 g
- Sugar 3 g
- Carbohydrates 5.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
- Fibre 0.9 g
I used chocolate chips as this recipe is not very sweet. You could use just about anything as a fill in. Dried fruit works well, raisins, depending on your nutritional needs or restrictions. A traditional serving would be two cookies. Even with chocolate chips, they are still a good option even for diabetics. Think of how you could change them for Halloween or Christmas. Just have fun with these and make them your own.
One thought on “Healthy Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies”
These are quite good. Try them and see