Creamy Lemon Yogourt Cake
This lemon yogourt cake is very creamy, sweet and a little tangy. It’s an easy one bowl recipe with only four ingredients. You can make this in an air fryer or oven.
- 1-3/4 cups of nonfat plain Greek yogourt
- 1 cup of full fat sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Grease the interior of a 6-inch round cake pan or spring-form pan with cooking spray and then line bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Add yogourt and condensed milk to a large bowl. Make sure to use a spatula to scrape the sides of your measuring cups so that all the condensed milk and yogourt gets into the mixing bowls. Whisk until smooth. Sift in cornstarch 1 tbsp at a time, whisking after each addition until no lumps remain.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest until evening incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- To cook in the air fryer: Preheat air fryer to 315 and bake for about 23 minutes. The surface of the cake should look done and have a partial caramelized appearance. The cake should not be very jiggly but the center should not be fully set, .
- To cook in the oven: Preheat oven to 350. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the surface of the cake looks fully cooked.
- Let the cake cool for several hours. You can do this two ways and the texture will be different depending on the method you choose. You can cool the cake at room temperature, the center will remain creamy and gooey. If you cool in the fridge, your cake will have a denser firmer texture.
- Calories 172
- Fat 3.0 g
- Sugar 23.0 g
- Carbohydrates 27.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g
- Fibre 3.0 g
If you like cheesecake, you will like this cake. The texture is similar. It is a cool refreshing cake. Great summer cake. I could see blueberries on top or strawberries. Have fun and make this your own.