One of the cheapest cuts of pork is the tenderloin. Easy to overcook, can be dry, but when cooked well, it can be so tasty, low calories, good source of protein. I was getting a little tired of my same 20 or so ways of preparing, so I turned to Auntie Sebreena for suggestions on a flavourful rub. She is Texan after all. Here is her rub and my suggestion on cooking.
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 375
- Rub meat with oil
- Salt and pepper your meat
- Mix all spices together and rub onto the meat
- Place in oven uncovered for 30 minutes or until internal temperature of meat says 175
- Let sit for 5 minutes and cut
If you like it real spicy you could add more cayenne. This was the basic recipe for the rub. Make it your own.
Thank you Sebreena for your contribution to another great meal.