Sneaky Apple Crumble
Here is a sequel to the pantry
When I was going through the pantry I realized I had 3 boxes of nutri grain bars. All about to expire. When you are two people, eating 24 bars in a week seems a little excessive. I hate throwing out food. How to use them? This is what I came up with.
- 4 strawberry nutri grain bars chopped into very small pieces
- 3 apples cored and sliced thinly
- 6 tsp of brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of salted butter
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepare apple mixture. Mix well and set aside
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees
- Put base in a 9 by 6 baking dish
- Cover with apple mixture
- Cover with topper
- Place in oven for 40 minutes
Serve hot. You can add ice cream. We liked it plain.
Great way to use up excesses from the pantry. Have fun and make it your own.
One thought on “Sneaky Apple Crumble”
Interesting twist to a classic. Just might try that. Will any flavor work? Definitely needs ice cream. ~ Corry