Best Fudgy Chocolate Cake
I used to make cakes from scratch and then I got lazy. Yes I admit it, I was using cake mixes. Seemed easier. I still did a lot of baking but standard vanilla or chocolate cakes, I was using mixes. So a couple of weeks ago, a sweet young man was telling me of desserts he was making his dad. Got me thinking, ok maybe I should make a dessert, so I did. I made a vanilla cake. Turned out quite good. So this week I made a chocolate cake. I think that will be the end of my making cakes from cake mixes.
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup boiling water with 2 tsp instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 baking dish
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Beat the egg, sugar, oil, sugar, milk and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Pour in the boiling water with coffee and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture gradually, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish. Place in preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean with very small amount of cake on the toothpick due to the fudge texture.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before frosting or serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 250
- Fat 9 g
- Carbohydrates 38 g
- Protein 3 g
- Fiber 1 g
You can serve straight, you can ice it, with fruit, or of course ice cream. I have a chocolate ganache recipe if you like. All you need to do is ask.
Have fun and make it your own.