Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites
A great little treat for children of all ages. It is quick and easy to make. So let’s get to it, shall we.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2/3 cup of toasted shredded coconut (if you only have flakes, toast them, then chop them)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of mini semi chocolate chips (if you only have regular chocolate chips or bakers bar chocolate, you can chop or grate to small pieces)
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Roll and compress the mixture into balls from one heaping tablespoon and place on parchment paper
- Refrigerate a few minutes until firm and transfer to air tight container
- Refrigerate and enjoy for up to a week
Nutrition Per Serving, one ball
- Calories 88
- Sugar 2 g
- Carbohydrates 10 g
- Protein 2 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
The original recipe called to add chia seeds, being allergic was not an option for me but feel free to do so. One tablespoon would add very little calories and about 0.2 g of protein to each ball.
This is where you can fun. You could add cinnamon or chopped walnuts, or use chunky peanut butter vs smooth, chopped almonds. If you are calorie conscious watch how much you add of nuts and also the consistency so it can hold together but have fun and make it your own.