Here is a pizza dough recipe that has 5 ingredients and is quick. Every recipe I’ve ever done for pizza dough required bread flour. I needed to use a bread machine or my large mixer. Right now, during this pandemic, flour is a commodity and bread flour is a rarity. This little recipe makes a nice 14 inch thin crust pizza.
- 1 1/4 cup of white flour (I use unbleached flour)
- 2 tbsp of cornmeal
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of low fat or zero fat milk
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir in milk and oil until a soft dough forms
- Turn dough on a lightly floured surface and kneed 10 times. Shape into a ball.
- Cover dough with inverted bowl for 10 minutes
- Roll dough into 14 inch circle
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 for 8 minutes. Top with your favourite toppings and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- If dough is too dry while forming dough, add milk one tablespoon at a time
- I use a pizza stone. If you do, preheat for 10 minutes at 400
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 112
- Sugar 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates 17 g
- Protein 3 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
This is where the fun begins. What you put on it is the way to make it your own. You can use a bechamel sauce with chicken and peppers. You can use a salsa and ground beef. You can do traditional pizza sauce with pepperoni. If you are a meat lover you could do bacon, ground beef, pepperoni. The possibilities are endless. Have fun and make it your own. Let me know what kind of toppings you decide on.
One thought on “Pizza Dough”
Thanks for this. Even beginners can do this. Definitely meat lovers toppings.
LikeLiked by 1 person