I know it’s not the time of year for pumpkin anything, but when you go to your pantry and see a can of pumpkin pie filling that is about to expire you say, “Time to make the muffins!” You can also make this with pumpkin purée, see note for adding spices.
- 1 3/4 cup of white flour (I use unbleached flour)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 540 ml can of pumpkin pie filling or 15 ounce can
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 and line standard muffin tin with paper liners
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl whisk eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir together. Do not over mix. Just make sure everything blends together.
- I use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute the batter. It’s also quite easy with less spillage.
- Bake for 22-28 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
If you are using pumpkin purée add the following spices: another tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 256
- Sugar 25 g
- Carbohydrates 41 g
- Protein 3.4 g
- Fiber 2 g
I thought about this after, I could have added some raisins, or some walnuts, or chocolate chips. So whatever time of year it is, it’s always a good time for pumpkin muffins. Have fun and make it your own.