- 3 eggs
- 250 ml of egg whites (8 ounces)
- 1 tbsp of milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked turkey or chicken chopped
- 1 cup chopped raw spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk 3 eggs, egg whites and milk along with the salt and pepper. In another bowl mix your other ingredients. Your turkey with cilantro and sundried tomatoes. (or variation you like).
- Spray muffin tin with non stick cooking spray (I used silicon muffin inserts and he used a silicon muffin pan).
- Arrange your ingredients at the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Using a soup ladle, put your egg mixture into each tin on top of the other ingredients.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops of the egg cups get big and fluffy and slightly golden brown on top.
- Let cool for a few minutes before popping them out of the muffin tin.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 90
- Fat 4.9 g
- Sugar 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates 2.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g
- Fibre 1.2 g
A young chef came to me with this. What he loved about this was the versatility. He has done this at home over a dozen times and each time he uses what he has in the fridge. When he asked if we could do this together he reminded me that depending what I used, this was low in fat, low in cholesterol, with high protein. They can be used as part of breakfast, a protein snack, or as an hors d’oevres.
The prep time includes cooking your chicken or turkey or saussage. The versatility is fun. He has one version he calls Tex-Mex which is 1 avocado diced, 1 diced bell pepper, a little jalapeño and a little cilantro. I tried mine with hot italian sausage. I will say, careful what you use. Mine made this a little oily. If you use something that is fatty, make sure you remove as much of the fat as possible. You can have so much fun with this and make them your own.
2 thoughts on “Egg Cups”
We make these and they are great. Great way to use small leftovers.
[…] December 18, 2021 at 9:24 AM | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment Egg Cups — It all started with a bite […]