Here is a pizza dough recipe that has 5 ingredients and is quick. Every recipe I’ve ever done for pizza dough required bread flour. I needed to use a bread machine or my large mixer. Right now, during this pandemic, flour is a commodity and bread flour is a rarity. This little recipe makes a nice 14 inch thin crust pizza.
- 1 1/4 cup of white flour (I use unbleached flour)
- 2 tbsp of cornmeal
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of low fat or zero fat milk
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir in milk and oil until a soft dough forms
- Turn dough on a lightly floured surface and kneed 10 times. Shape into a ball.
- Cover dough with inverted bowl for 10 minutes
- Roll dough into 14 inch circle
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 for 8 minutes. Top with your favourite toppings and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- If dough is too dry while forming dough, add milk one tablespoon at a time
- I use a pizza stone. If you do, preheat for 10 minutes at 400
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 112
- Sugar 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates 17 g
- Protein 3 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
This is where the fun begins. What you put on it is the way to make it your own. You can use a bechamel sauce with chicken and peppers. You can use a salsa and ground beef. You can do traditional pizza sauce with pepperoni. If you are a meat lover you could do bacon, ground beef, pepperoni. The possibilities are endless. Have fun and make it your own. Let me know what kind of toppings you decide on.