Ginger Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
This recipe is well balanced. You have your protein. You have your veggies. You get to decide how spicy you want it and you choose your starch.
- 1 lb inside round beef
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 4 tbsp of soya sauce
- 1 tsp of hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp minced ginger root
- 6 cups of broccoli pieces into bite size about 1 lb
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch, 2 tbsp of soya sauce, hot pepper sauce and half the ginger. Stir in beef strips to coat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Sauce: in a small bowl mix 1/2 cup of water, remaining cornstarch and soya sauce and set aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tsp of oil over high heat and stir fry beef, in two batches until browned. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add remaining oil, stir-fry onion, garlic, and remaining ginger for 1 minute. Stir in broccoli and water. Cover and steam for 3 minutes.
- Return beef to the pan. Stir in sauce, bring to boil, stirring to coat beef well.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories 273
- Sugar 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates 12.7 g
- Protein 12.3 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Fat 20.6 g
This recipe is not overpowering in spice or very spicy. You can adjust as you need. This was the original recipe. I add about a teaspoon of crushed chilli peppers to step 1. Your starch is your choice. I served with 1/2 cup cooked rice but you could serve with a small tortilla or pasta or noodles. You can try it a different way every time. So have fun and make it your own.